Security Consultant (Lead Security Consultant) Established Building Security Associates February 2017
Director, Operational Security Applied Research Associates, Arlington, VA
Deputy Director, Security Operations General Services Administration, Washington, D.C. Responsible for physical security for all GSA owned and leased facilities.
Chief of Security Executive Office, Immigration Review, Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. Responsible for Security Program and operations budget for all Immigration Court facilities.
Lead Physical Security Specialist Administrative Office U.S. Courts, Washington, D.C. Responsible for Security for federal courthouses and judge’s residences.
Security Specialist/Lead Trainer Diplomatic Security, Department of State, Washington D.C.
ESSI, INC. Project Manager, Technology and Engineering Design, Camp Springs, MD
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) U.S. Navy EOD (Active Duty)
U.S. Naval School, Explosive Ordnance Disposal 1987
U.S. Naval Diving and Salvage School 1987
U.S. Naval Submarine School 1981
Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Criminal Justice Services – Close Protection RE-0115816
AUTHOR AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
- Author/Co-Author, Interagency Security Committee Risk Management Process
- Developed U.S. Government Curriculum and Master Instructor for the Interagency Security Committee Risk Management Process
- Developed Private Sector Curriculum for the Interagency Security Committee, Risk Management Process
- Developed Private Sector Curriculum for Cyber Security for Physical Security Specialist and Return on Investment for Physical Security Specialist
U.S. Citizen TS OPM, September 2016
Chief, Court Security Office (Judiciary’s Senior Executive Service) Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AOUSC) Washington, D.C. July 2003-January 2015 (Retired) Responsible for funding formulation and execution and nationwide oversight of federal courthouse security provided by the U.S. Marshals Service.
Assistant Director - Protection/Chief of Operations and Training Treasury Dept., U.S. Mint, Wash. D.C.
Director of Field Operations (Regional Deputy Director) General Services Administration, Federal Protective Service, NYC, NY. Responsible for NY, CT, VT, No. NJ, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands.
Director of Security Long Beach Naval Shipyard, Long Beach, CA.
Head, Security Force Training Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Assistant Chief-of-Staff for Security Management Pacific Fleet Training Command, San Diego, CA
Supervisor, Law Enforcement and Physical Security Mobile Training Team Pacific NCIS, San Diego, CA
Deputy Director, Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy Arlington, VA detailed from Alexandria, VA Police Department; and Sworn Law Enforcement Sergeant 1978-1984; Police Officer 1971-1978.
Master of Science: Administration of Justice, The American University, Washington, D.C., 1975
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science, University of South Carolina, Columbia, 1970
Professional Certificate: Occupational Safety and Health Management, University of California, Irvine, 1996
American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), Certified Protection Professional (CPP 2001-2016)
INTERNATIONAL JUDICIAL SECURITY
- Kingdom of Bahrain on-site survey November 2007, advised Ministry of Justice on “Safeguarding Judicial Facilities - Balancing Security and Openness” under the American Bar Association’s Rule of Law Initiative.
- Washington D.C. briefings of international delegations at U.S. Department of State and AOUSC
U.S. Citizen TS SSBI/OPM, March 10, 2012