Commercial Office and Retail Space
Why does your project team need a Physical Security partner?
- A written Emergency Management plan is a necessary - but insufficient - element of effective Emergency Response Administration. The most important aspect of properly responding to life/property threatening events is continual formal and informal communication among the principals, and on-site training by law enforcement, fire-rescue and emergency operations agencies/departments. The "9/11 Commission Report" (Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States) issued in 2004, recommended the following for local emergency management and non-governmental (private) preparedness:
- Adoption and regular use of the Incident Command System;
- Interagency radio spectrum for public safety purposes; and the admonition that
- "Private-sector preparedness is not a luxury; it is a cost of doing business in the post-9/11 world. It is ignored at a tremendous potential cost in lives, money, and national security." (Page 398)
- A written Physical Security Plan (aligned to Emergency Response plan) allows the Security Staff to provide immediate and proportional response to situations like:
- Las Vegas Music Festival Shooting (2017)
- Orlando Night Club Shooting (2016)
- San Bernardino Holiday Party Shooting (2015)
- Oklahoma Man Beheaded Coworker (2014)
- Boston Marathon Pressure Cooker Bombing (2013)
Return on Investment:
- Increase PWIN with physical security narrative documentation written by former Government Security Officers and author of current USG physical security standards.
- Drafted successful letter to GSA Contracting Officer regarding the applicability of the ISC-RMP Security Standard that resulted in substantial project cost reduction for building owner.
- Served as the senior physical security advisor to GSA Public Building Commissioner, advised on security protocols for commercial retail space in Government owned/leased buildings.
Building Security Associates can help your project team win proposals by;
- Leveraging his unique knowledge as one of the creators, authors and Master Instructors for the Government Security Standards.
- Appling his extensive experience as a senior level security specialist for the General Services Administration (GSA), the Administrative Office of the US Courts (AOUSC), and Diplomatic Security Service, US Department of State.
- Staffed with vetted retired/former USG Security Officers with at least 10 years’ experience as a working level Physical Security Specialist.
Commercial Retail Security Experience:
- Advised GSA, PBS on security for commercial retail space in Government buildings
- Project Manager for Hospital Physical Security Upgrade project
- Project Manager for Finance Company Security install