Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Facilities
Why does your project team need a security design expert for Federal Facilities?
- 41 CFR Part 102-81.10 requires that all federal agencies with security delegation (such as VA Medical Centers); must provide security and protection for their facilities.
Return on Investment:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the VA, Physical Security Design Manual for VA Facilities, Compliance Checklist.
- Drafted successful letter to GSA Contracting Officer regarding the applicability of the Interagency Security Committee, Risk Management Process Security Standard that resulted in substantial project cost reduction for building owner.
- Served as the senior physical security advisor to GSA tenant agencies.
Building Security Associates can help your project team win proposals by:
- Appling his extensive experience as a senior level security specialist for the General Services Administration (GSA), the Administrative Office of the US Courts (AOUSC), and Diplomatic Security Service, US Department of State.
- Relies on his “Can Do” work ethic learned from 11 years’ active duty service as a US Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Operator.
Federal Facility Security Experience:
- Has conducted risk assessments on US Diplomatic Missions, US Courthouses and US Federal Buildings.
- Conducted post active shooter investigations to identify security gaps and identify corrective measures.
- Has taught over 600 federal and contract security professionals since 2010.
Facility Security Projects:
As the Security Specialist for the Administrative Office of the US Courts (AOUSC), Mark Strickland was the senior physical security advisor for new construction and renovation projects at:
- US District Courthouse, Cleveland, OH
- US District Courthouse Akron, OH
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, Atlanta, GA
- US District Courthouse, New Haven, CT
- US Bankruptcy Courthouse, Youngstown, OH
- US District Courthouse, New Bern, NC
- US District Courthouse, Atlanta, GA
- US District Courthouse, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- US District Courthouse Terra Haute, IN
As the Senior Security Specialist for GSA’s Central Office, Mark Strickland designed the physical security systems/countermeasures for:
- FBI Headquarters (new construction)
- GSA Central Office (renovation)
- US Coast Guard Station, Jacksonville, FL (renovation)
Provided guidance and assistance to the US Postal Service on understanding and implementing Interagency Security Committee, Risk Management Process, Security Standard.